Photoshoot
1) Original:
I selected this photo because it had a good aesthetic quality, due to the contrasts between the black clothing both the models are wearing, and the red lipstick Felicity is wearing and the white background. This helps the lipstick stand out and ensures that it is the main focus. This helps the photo fit for purpose, because the audiences eyes focus on the red lipstick straight away which is being advertised. Sam Sherwood, also had a lipstick mark on the side of his face which also stands out in front of the white background, to help advertise it.
Edited:
Here I have evidence of me using the typing tool to add text. By adding text I am ensuring that the viewers know and understand exactly what is being advertised.
Here I am using the spot healing brush to hide any blemishes to ensure that the viewers do not get distracted and focus on what the picture is advertising.
Here I am cropping the photo so that it the picture is not boring due to too much background.
Finally, I changed the hue to +3, the saturation to -1 and the lightness to -3. This gave me the black and white look, and then I also isolated Felicities lips so that they were the only part that was in colour to show the redness of the lipstick. This will stand out in the picture and the viewers can see how red the lipstick is and know exactly what is being advertised.
Here I am changing the space in between the texts, so that they fit in the shape.
Here I am adding a shadow to the text and shape to make it more interesting and exciting, and will stand out the the viewer.
I added text as well as the mac lipstick we used to ensure the viewers know exactly what is being advertised. I also made the picture dark, so that the red lipstick on Felicity in which I isolated would stand out and the viewer would see it straight away.
2) Original:
I selected this photo because it is fit for purpose due to the background being white, so the lipstick and lips are in contrast which helps highlight them and helps the audience to focus on that straight away. The model, Felicity is also smiling and laughing, so that it shows she is happy when she is wearing the mac lipstick which helps to advertise it, because the audience can see by her facial expressions that she loves wearing the lipstick.
Edited:
Here I am cropping the photo, so that there is not too much blank background, which could make the photo look boring and dull.
Here I am using the spot healing brush to hide any blemishes in which may distract the viewer. by doing this I am ensuring the focus is on the lipstick and model.
Here I am using the magic wand, and clearing the background so that I can add the lipstick to my photo to show the viewers the lipstick being advertised.
Here I am changing the colour of the box in which will have text on, to dark red which is the same colour as the lipsticks to help the photo achieve its theme of Dark red Mac Lipstick.
Here I am changing the brightness of the photo to 23 and the contract to 12, meaning the contrast and brightness of the photo is quite high.
Here is the final edited photo in which I cropped so that the main focus is on the model, and the lipstick and to ensure that the photo does not consist of too much plain background which would make it look dull. My intention for this photo was to ensure that the main focus is on Felicity and the lipstick. I did this by cropping so that there was not too much dull background and ensured that they were in contrast with the background to help focus on them better by making her costume and the lipstick in contrast with the blank background. I also asked Felicity to laugh, after it looks like she has applied the lipstick to show that it can make you happy about yourself and happy with how you look when wearing the lipstick, which helps to advertise it. I added text and pictures of the MAC lipstick to ensure the viewers know exactly what is being advertised.
3) Original:
This photo is fit for purpose because Sam is holding the red mac lipstick in front of his white shirt, so it is in contrast ensuring that it is the main focus.
Edited:
Here I am cropping the photo so that there is not too much background which could make the photo dull.
Here I am isolating the lipstick so that it is in contrast with the background, making it stand out to the viewer straight away. I changed the saturation of the photo so that it was in black and white to enable me to isolate the lipstick.
These two photos are showing that I added drop shadow, inner shadow and outer glow to the lipsticks to help them stand out more and make the photo more exciting.
Here is the final edited photo, My intention for this photo was to show that the lipstick can attract others (such as Model, Sam as if he is attracted to Model, Felicity because of the lipstick she is wearing) I added the logo, and added a few texts to enhance the photo such as 'Kissable Lips' which make the photo more exciting and highlight the lipstick being advertised.
4) Original:
This photo is fit for purpose, because it is showing that Felicity is happy when she is wearing the mac red lipstick, and also is attracting others because of the lipstick she is wearing. The lipstick is also in contrast with the white background ensuring that the audience will see it straight away and know what is being advertised.
Edited:
Here I am modifying the photo filter to a warming filter (81)
Here I am using colour overlay for the shape in which I will put the text in, to make it stand out more and make it more exciting.
Here I am using the spot healing brush to hide any blemishes so that it is a clearer photo which ensures the lipstick is the main focus.
Here I am using the magic wand to get rid of the background so that the creases were not shown from the previous background, which also ensures the main focus will be on the models and the lipstick.
Here I am using colour overlay for the shape in which I will put the text in, to make it stand out more and make it more exciting.
Here is my final Image.
By modifying the photo filter to a warming filter (81) it gives a more upbeat and exciting mood to the photo rather than a cold dull mood which it was before. It also gives it a warmer feeling to the photo which helps the red lipstick to stand out, to ensure it is being advertised properly. My intention for this photo was to show that (like in previous photos) that the lipstick once put on cant attract others and makes you feel happy about yourself when going out to parties and can enhance one's confidence. I used a dark red theme for this photo, to ensure the viewer know exactly what colour the lipstick being advertised is. I also added drop shadows and inner glows the the M.A.C logo to make it stand out more.
5) Original:
I chose this photo to edit because it is fit for purpose. This is because the red lipstick is in front of the white background so that it is in contrast with it ensuring that it stands out and it is the main focus for the audience, helping to advertise it well. The model also house her mouth open and is wearing the red lipstick which helps the audience to see it clearly ensuring they know what is being advertised.
Edited:
Here I am using the spot healing brush to hide any spots on the models face.
Here I am using the magic wand tool to get rid of the background, and put in a white background, so that it is clear and ensures that all the attention is focused on the lipstick and the model.
Here I am adding drop shadow and inner shadow to the texts and shapes added to the edited photo.
Here is my final edited Image. I have inserted text into this image to ensure that the audience know the brand being advertised is MAC lipstick. I also used the colour of the lipstick for the text so that the audience can see clearly what colour the lipstick is to help advertise it. I hid any spots with the spot healing brush to give the model a completely clear face to help focus on the lipstick. My intention for this photo was to just advertise Model, Felicity applying the lipstick and showing her excitement by her facial expressions (open mouth and wide eyes) I also edited the photo and used text to show the audience that the lipstick being advertised was M.A.C. I added drop shadows and inner shadows to the texts and shapes added to make the photo more exciting and less bland.
6) Original:
This photo is fit for purpose because the red lipstick Felicity is wearing is in contrast with the black clothes the models are wearing and the white background so it stands out and ensures it is being advertised. There is also not a lot of background visible, so the photo does not look dull and makes sure that the models are the main focus without the audiences eyes being drawn elsewhere.
Edited:
Here I am using the spot healing brush to hide any blemishes on the models faces, so that the lipstick stands out more and there are no distractions on the faces.
I used photoshop to edit both of these pictures:
Here I am using the spot healing brush to hide any spots on the models skin so that they have clear faces.
Here I am changing the filter to a slightly warmer filter (81) This gives it a warm feeling and helps the photo to become more upbeat and exciting rather than cool and dull.
Here I am adding drop shadow and inner shadow to the Text M.A.C and I also add this to the rectangle shape in which the text is on. This makes them stand out more and makes the photo more exciting.
Here I am using the magic wand to take away the background, to white so that there are no distractions in the background so the viewer can focus on the models and lipstick.
Here is my final edited picture where I have hidden any spots on the face and changed the photo to a warmer filter (81) This has made the photo more upbeat and gives a warm feeling to it which will catch the audiences attention to help advertise the lipstick. I also added the Mac logo to the photo. This ensures that the audience can see it easily and helps advertise that the lipstick is a Mac brand. My intention for this photo was to create a slightly misty, calm look to show that the lipstick is not just good for parties, but also for everyday use. I added lipstick photos that I took, so that the viewer knows the brand and colour of lipstick being advertised.
7) Original
This photo is fit for purpose because there is a red lipstick mark on Sam's cheek to highlight the Mac lipstick being advertised. Model, Felicity Stocker is also wearing the lipstick and they are both in contrast with the black costumes and white background so that the audience can fully focus on the lipstick and help it to be advertised.
Edited:
Here, again I am using the spot healing brush to ensure faces are clear and there are no spots visible on the models faces.
Here I am using the magic wand to take away the original background and add a white background to the photo so that the models are clearly seen and are in contrast with the background because of their black clothes and Felicity's red lipstick.
Here I am adding a drop and inner shadow to the Red rectangle to make it stand out more and make it more exciting.
Here I am changing the brightness of the photo to -18 and the contrast to 11, this made the photo more upbeat and exciting as before it was quite dull.
Here I am adding drop shadow to the lipsticks to make them stand out more and make it a more exciting photo.
This is my final edited picture where I have rubbed out any spots on the models faces with the spot healing brush, to ensure there are no distractions. I also added the M.A.C logo and added a drop shadow to ensure the viewers know the brand. I also added the two lipsticks to ensure the viewers know exactly what colour the lipstick is. I took out the original background and added a white background to make the models and lipstick more clear and stand out more. The models and lipstick are also in contrast with the white background which will ensure the viewers will look at them straight away.
8) Original:
I chose this photo because I like that Felicity is facing the camera while Sam has his back to the camera. It makes it different and unique to the other photos. I also do not need to take the background out of this photo because there was a larger aperture giving it a shallower depth of field.
Edited:
Here I am using the spot healing brush to hide any blemishes on the models faces, so that the lipstick stands out more and there are no distractions on the faces.
Here I also put effects on the text such as, drop shadow, inner glow and Bevel and Emboss to ensure the viewers can read it clearly and their eyes are drawn to that straight away so they know exactly what is being advertised.
Here I am changing the brightness and contrast to suitable level to make it more upbeat and exciting.
Here I am putting a drop shadow on the lipstick mark to make it stand out more.
I added drop shadows and some inner shadows to the texts and shapes to make them stand out more. I also added the lipstick to ensure the viewer know exactly the colour and brand in the lipstick they are buying.
9) Original:
I chose this photo because I like how Sam is kissing Felicity's cheek, while she is looking away and holding her lipstick out. The lipstick is in contrast with the background which makes the audience notice it straight away.
Edited:
Here I am changing the brightness and contrast to make the photo more uplifting and exciting.
Here I am adding a drop shadow, inner shadow and outer glow to the image of the lipstick. This makes it more exciting and interesting and helps the lipstick to stand out more.
Lastly, here I changed the Hue, saturation and lightness to help the lipstick stand out more. By increasing saturation, the lisptick looks redder which helps to advertise the new 'red' lipstick.
Here is my edited picture. I added red lines into the photo which help advertise the new red lipstick. I also added 'kissable lips' so the audience, straight away know that lipstick is being advertised in this photo.
10) Original:
I chose this picture because I like how both models are looking at the camera. I also like how they are in contrast with the background due to the red lipstick on Felicity, and both models wearing black clothing.
Edited:
Here I am adding a drop and inner shadow to the red rectangle at the bottom of the picture. This helps it to stand out more and make the photo more exiting.
Here is my final edited picture. I added a logo, a slogan and images of the lipstick which enable the performer to know exactly what is being advertised, what brand and what the lipstick will look like.
When taking different pictures, I moved lighting around to get the perfect effects for the photo. I also compensated and emphasised the use of the manual settings on the camera for different effects in the photos so they did not all look the same and each had individual characteristics.
These picture shows that I was able to colour isolate on photoshop. I was also able to use text, and change the colour and font of the text.
How to do:
1) Open a photograph and apply New Adjustment layer - Saturation by clicking on layer -> new adjustment layer -> hue/saturation
3) Use your brush, and make sure you've got your black for the foreground
4) Go to layer palette, and click on the color adjustment layer.
5) Start using your brush to get the effect you want.


















































No comments:
Post a Comment